French BioBeach has welcomed a regional economic mission from the PACA region (South-East of France) in San Diego, California, on the occasion of the “2014 BIO International Convention”, that took place from June 23 to 26. The objective was to promote the Biotech sector from Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur and concretize an action program initiated 2 years towards the United States, especially with California and San Diego, considered as a territory of excellence for Biotechnologies.
Led by Patrick Allemand, 1st Vice President of the Region and President of the new Regional Agency for Innovation and Internationalization of Companies (ARII), Dominique Esteve, President of the Regional Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCIR) and Jacquie Berthe, Chairman of the Competitiveness Cluster Eurobiomed, this mission involved all regional economic actors involved for several years in trade with San Diego, and gathered under the “South Bio Alliance” label: the economic development agencies Provence Promotion and Team Côte d’Azur, the competitiveness cluster / PRIDES Mediterranean Sea (Pole Mer), the Southeast Technologies Transfer Accelerator Society (SATT South East), as well as companies from Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur (Txcell, Syncrosome, Trophos, Iris Pharma, Nicox, Provepharm , Neuroservice and Medicodose Systems) and Languedoc Roussillon (Medincell, Ciloa and Régimbeau Law Office). The objective was to implement real and lasting partnership and economic development actions between the Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur Region and San Diego. Beyond the Biotechnology industry, it was also the occasion to identify opportunities for economic exchanges in other sectors, and the terms of partnership.
The program of the delegation was as follows:
Monday, June 23rd:
- Visit of Janssen Labs, a La Jolla-based Life Science innovation center
- Fast-Track R&D Partnering with France, a satellite event of the BIO Convention co-organized by French BioBeach, intended to discover the expertise and innovation developed by French biotech companies
- Meeting with San Diego Mayor, M. Kevin Faulconer
- Meeting with the Port of San Diego
- Visit of the EDF Renewable Energy plant in San Diego
- Meeting with the San Diego Regional Economic Development Corporation
Tuesday, June 24th:
- Signature of the Partnering agreement between Biocom and Eurobiomed
- Working lunch with the Maritime Alliance
- Meeting with Staff members of Congressman Scott Peters
- Meeting with organizations/development agencies from Baja California (Mexico)
Wednesday, June 25th:
- BIO International Conference
- Life Sciences on Tap with SDREDC
All the pictures from this mission can be found at the following link.
|FBB 42 – 2014 June 23rd-26th – PACA’s South BIO Alliance Delegation in San Diego|